History of St Anne’s-
St Anne’s, a program of Catholic Charities has served the most vulnerable populations and provided multiple family services in Spokane since 1943. St Anne’s began offering childcare during World War II. In 1945, St Anne’s identified a need in the community for adoption services and over the next 40 years cared for and placed over 4,000 infants. During this same time, St Anne’s operated a maternity home to provide expectant mothers a safe environment. St Anne’s cared for medically fragile children from 1970-1994 providing tender care for children with severe handicaps. In 1999, St Anne’s went back to its roots and began offering childcare services again, opening a new facility in 2004, located at 25 W 5th Ave. Today, St. Anne’s Children & Family Center provides child development programs to nurture and educate close to 200 children ages 1 month to 6 years of age.